I've Got A Crush On You: Peony Lim
- A Wiz in the kitchen making some mean Parmesan roast potatoes to Vanilla Pana Cotta with Champagne & Strawberry Jelly.
- She’s Half English and Chinese.
- Has the ability to make smocks look like the chicest piece a woman can own.
- A well seasoned jet setter. Paris, Hong Kong, New York and back home to London.
- The qualities she looks for in a man are a sense of humor and great hair.
Worth A Shot: Honey Oatmeal- Raisin Cookies
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup smooth unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or 1/2 cup each all-purpose and whole-wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mist 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Beat the butter, canola oil, honey, egg, almond butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a mixer until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the dry milk, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of batter about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in a loosely covered container for up to 3 days.
Per cookie: Calories 100; Fat 5 g (Saturated 1 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 45 mg; Carbohydrate 13 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 2 g
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West” —
Tell Me Something New: Wallace & Barnes For J. CREW
16/20s Solid Ringer Tee, $42
Flannel Shirt in Everett Check, $98
Brush Jacket, $285
Slim Fit Jean in Salt Fade Wash. $298
Upland Field Bag, $275